Like humans in general, all sorts of things trigger an emotional response and during the last few days, I've gotten back into 'In Flames', a band I discovered a couple of weeks before my first day at college. Also, we're almost halfway through August and this month always reminds me of the beginning of college. Summer is dying and the leaves will turn to autumn and that beautiful scene reminds me of a beautiful time, most of it anyway. It's like certain songs remind me of video games and vice-versa, certain films remind me of times and books remind me as well. It's hard to explain, but I've got the college blues I guess and I want to do something about it instead of sadly thinking about a time of my life I never knew I'd miss this much. Nostalgia sucks.
Winter is on the way and with it comes a host of nostalgia. I love the cold so much, more than I can explain and nothing beats it. Chances are, this new novel will be near completion just after Christmas and I can't think of anything cooler (writing wise) than writing/editing a new book during the winter season.
Please let it snow.
Songs of the Week:
- 'Ready to Fall' by Rise Against
- 'People Live Here' by Rise Against
- 'Jesus of Suburbia' by Green Day
- 'Homecoming' by Green Day
- 'Our Infinite Struggle' by In Flames
- 'Come Clarity' by In Flames
- 'In Search for I' by In Flames
- 'My Sweet Shadow' by In Flames
- 'Lose You' by Pete Yorn
- 'The Funeral' by Band of Horses
- 'If You' by Skrux
- 'Another World' by No Limits
- 'Serenity' by Fracx
- 'Innocence' by Avril Lavigne