I'm certain that a lot of my ideas can translate well into a short story, maybe even a novella. Stephen King is a great example of this. 'Different Seasons' is a short story collection of four stories and despite their short length, they feel as big as any novel he could write. Especially 'Apt Pupil' which is terrifying! Sometimes I need to remind myself that novels aren't the only way forward. I'm noticing a new demand for novellas these days, then again they might have always been there, but I've noticed more and more websites that want them. Short stories however are always wanted, which is nice. Speaking of novellas, I'm tempted to upload my novella 'Born Again in Solitude' on this here site every week as episodes. I need to decide if I'd like it to be published elsewhere first, but if not then I'd love it here for you to read if you'd like. I should write more novellas. Like I said, I'll bet lots of my old story thoughts could work as shorter pieces. Why not?
No, dammit! I am a writer.
Songs of the Week:
- 'Statues' by The Eden Project
- 'Open Window' by MitiS ft. Anna Yvette
- 'Revival' by MaHi
- 'Serenity' by Fracx
- 'The Funeral' by Band of Horses
- 'If You' by Skrux
- 'Another World' by No Limits
- 'Rusted Nail' by In Flames
- 'Through Oblivion' by In Flames
- 'Innocence' by Avril Lavigne
- 'Fall to Pieces' by Avril Lavigne
- 'Who Knows' by Avril Lavigne